I finished "Joy" a couple nights ago. Here is a pic:
Last night, after much fighting with the fabric, I finished the reindeer ornie (well, as finished as it is gonna get for now). Here is a pic:
As you can see, I used beads for the eyes and the dot on the "i" in Christmas. I still have one leg to complete, and that is where the fighting came in. I must have stabbed myself a half dozen times trying to get the darker brown outline and legs completed. Those stitches go through the center of the square instead of in the holes already there. I didn't like doing those stitches.
The stars were simple, but a lot of work. You have to start and finish each star individually or there will be a lot of "tails" showing through.
The border is done using backstitching instead of the called for "Blanket stitch".
I am not sure if I will frame the little guy or turn him into an actual ornament. Either way, that part will be finished over the weekend.
Now, it's back to the Christmas SAL that I am doing and Chapter 3 of my thesis.