Well, I managed to finish the HalloSAL design. There are supposed to be eyes on the ghosts at the bottom, but I like them without. I did add a little bit of a border around the bottom as well. I got a little “trigger happy” and stitched one too many of the little grass areas at the bottom, so I extended them around. I like the way it turned out and the design was fun to stitch. I did learn a couple of new stitches along the way, but still haven’t overcome my fear of french knots! lol…Anyhoo, here are a couple of pictures of the final piece:
I am planning on framing it or creating a bell pull. I need to learn a different finishing technique, so the actual finish may not happen until later in the summer.
Now on to some PIFs and the 3 larger pieces I am working on (Christmas Design SAL Comin' Home for the Holidays, Butterflies and Shamrocks Wreath, and Ink Circles’ Cirques des Carreaux).
Plus, I need to concentrate on finishing my Thesis over the next few weeks, so there may not be a lot of finishes until the Fall.
Until next time…