Followers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

We Made It!

My sister and I are safely in Michigan. We left Wesley Chapel (FL) around 7am yesterday morning and got to North Dayton (OH) by 1030pm. We slept soundly for a few hours and then hit the road this morning around 7am. We made it to my mom’s by 130pm after spending lunch with my best friend at the Student Union on Michigan State University’s campus. I love the Union!!! Always such a great buzz of activity. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera in with me and have no pics of lunch, but will have some on Sunday when Christine comes over for a family dinner. Yes, she is part of my family. We adopted her!!! LOL ;D Not legally, of course, but we consider her family.

And after an afternoon with my mom and niece at a local Kohl’s, we returned to a supper of Cottage Inn Pizza! Then off to the nail salon to treat my sis to a full set…she was in desperate need. Again, no pics of this event. Dang, I missed the best parts, LOL. Anyhoos, here are some pictures taken along the way:



 
 








Since I did most of the driving through the Smokey Mountains and let my sis enjoy that leg of the trip I wasn’t able to get the pics I desired. At least not with my camera, but I did get some with hers and will share after we download them. (Sorry, got distracted by my mom and niece. Mom is laying on the air mattress intended for the 12 year old and my niece (said 12 year old) was standing in the doorway just looking at her as if to say “What the f***?! LOL). I do have some plans made that will be les photos necessaire! We are going out and about tomorrow and then to the movies with my niece. Saturday we are all heading over to Holland, MI to visit Dutch Village. Can’t wait!!! Sunday is family dinner – I am making rosemary chicken, green beans in garlic butter sauce, and baked sweet potatoes. YUM! Monday, relaxation and possibly going to Grand Blanc to visit some good friends. Pictures to follow on those as they come along. 

I brought some stitchy things and hope to get started on one of them, just not sure which one yet. (As I type this, Casper is sitting behind the screen. He’s the white cat that will appear later.) Here are the kits I brought with me:

Civil War (the Posey Collection)
Washington Monument (the Posey Collection)
Try to Relax (Dimensions)
Tree Frog Trio (Dimensions)
Snow Much Fun (Janlynn and recent acquisition from a giveaway – thanks again!!)


Oh, and did I mention the car I rented?! It’s a 2010 Chrysler Sebring!! NIIIIICE :)

 Ain't that a lovely face? My niece is so beautiful...

12 comments:

Parsley said...

Sounds like you are having/had a great time!

Hey...I can hardly read the small font. I'm know...I'm getting old.

Sylvia said...

Looks like you had a lovely time with your sis - your right, your niece is very pretty

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Thank's for sharing your visit. The pictures are wonderful.
Be always in stitches.

Jules said...

@ I was wondering about that, Parsley. I will make it larger or change it...thanks!!

Day 2 of MI vacation commences and more pictures will come later!

Carol said...

So glad you're having an enjoyable visit, Julie. Your visit to Dutch Village sounds like it will be lots of fun!

FairfieldHouse said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time visiting your family. You made great traveling time! Your niece is beautiful.

- Deborah

Olenka's Stitches said...

Sounds like you had a nice visit. Thank you for sharing are pretty pictures with us.

Janet said...

Sounds like you're having a great visit. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Erna said...

Hello Julie, great time as we can see and uhmmmmm is Holland my Holland???? Probably not but if so you're more then welcome...
Hugs
Erna

Jules said...

Thanks Erna! It is actually a city in Michigan about an hour and a half from my mom's. But if ever I am, I will let ya know!!

Kathy A. said...

Julies - please contact me at drewsgrands@hotmail.com with your mailing address and I will send you the chart collection you won!

Siobhan said...

Great pics! It looks like you're having a fantastic time. Your niece is gorgeous!