Followers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

BIFOCALS?!?!!?

Yeah, that’s what this 38 year old will be wearing (again) in a couple weeks. I went to the Tampa VA Eye Clinic this afternoon for my annual – two years later – eye exam and it was determined I needed them. I mentioned the cross-stitching I do and that started the ball rollbifocalsing, so to speak! The last time I wore those blasted spectacles  was in high school and it made my head hurt. I must be getting old! My main concern was not the vision, but the retinal degeneration I have had for a little more than 10 years now. Since mid-June I have noticed a pinhole size black spot in my left eye. Well silly me didn’t want to get it checked at that point. I was scared it would be something serious. The outcome: I have a floater in each eye. My retina’s are just as healthy as can be with no new evidence of thinning. Yay!!!

Now, the next hurdle this week is my Thesis Defense. That will be on Friday morning. I can’t wait to get it over with. Then I can really focus on my stitching again!!!

6 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That news must have been a huge relief!

Elaine said...

Glad you eye check was nothing serious Julie. Good luck with the Thesis!

Carol said...

Hope the new glasses are helpful, Julie! Best of luck with your Thesis Defense--sounds quite rigorous...

Jules said...

Just to update you: I passed and will be receiving my actual degree in hand sometime in October.

Thanks all!!

Siobhan said...

I hope the eye glasses help, Julie! I fear I need bifocals, too. I used to be able to watch TV & stitch on high counts w/o a problem. Now I see the linen better if I don't have my glasses on. Good luck with the thesis!

Sylvia said...

I got bifocals about a 1 1/2 years ago - takes some getting used to, but they are fine now. It has helped with the stitching.

I know what you mean about those black spots, no fun. Glad to hear its just a floater.