Yup, that about sums up how I feel about the past year. I didn't have a great year, not one of the best years of my life, but it's over and I will move on! There is about 7 hours and 37 minutes left in 2009 and I have been counting down for about a month now!! LOL
On the stitchy front, I did manage to complete a few things:
- Polska Sampler
- Lucky Pillow Wrap (although it still needs a pillow, but the stitching is done and it counts!)
- a couple of Blackwork pieces
- Nautical Sampler by Bucilla
- Zanesville (one of my own creations)
- 4 Christmas Cards
- A Christmas SAL (thanks Threadbasket.com!)
- Astral Lion
- Reindeer ornie (again, the stitching is done)
- Makin' New Friends (an old WIP)
There may have been a couple of others that I have no recollection nor picture of.
I am working on another Christmas Design SAL with Yoyo and that won't be completed until the end of 2010 sometime. Keep checking in on here for updates! I also intend to work on some more Christmas cards, and maybe throw in a couple of birthday cards for a kick! And I am taking part in the HalloSAL, which is still in progress...as well as the TUSAL!!!
As for my WIPs posted on this blog:
- Cat on Chair (needs to be re-started as the fabric is icky)
- The Siesta
- '68 Charger (may need to be re-started)
I am determined to complete those as well!
I have many items listed in my Future WIPs section, and may start one of those over the weekend, or I may start the Austrian I from the latest JCS magazine. I haven't decided yet which way I will go!
As always, I am a graduate student and must devote much of my time to the writing of my Master's Thesis, thus the first half of the year may not see much stitch work.
I am planning to go through my many magazines and booklets to find other projects that I want to do in the near (or not so near) future. Look for that list to appear sometime over the next couple of weeks.
So with that, I will close 2009 and look ahead to a bright and healthy 2010!