Followers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Updates

Well, I decided to start the Butterfly Shamrock Wreath from "The Cross Stitcher” magazine (April 2010 issue). I really like the way the butterfly is looking so far, just not the many, many color changes. Here is a picture of what I have started:

P3062001

Stitched on White 28ct Charles Craft Linen

using Recommended DMC floss


I also want to share an update on my design for the Christmas Design SAL over at Yoyo’s. Here is a picture:

P3062003


After taking the picture last night, I settled in and did a bit more stitching on it. I now have some of the horse filled in and some of the dog as well as more of the half-stitching across the middle of this section. I will post another picture when this section is complete.


I received the 5th part of the HalloSAL that I am participating in and hope to work on that mid-week. We’ll see how it goes. I am hoping to leave the last week of March for some card inserts since I wasn’t able to get to them last month. I also want to put a little more work in on The Great Pumpkin Conspiracy. I feel like I have neglected that poor little design.

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Great wips Julie. Love the new blog look.

Judy S. said...

Love that butterfly! Your Christmas SAL is coming right along; it's very detailed, isn't it?

Jules said...

Thanks! Yes, it is very detailed and tonight I noticed that the frog may have to pay me a serious visit. The darker color in the snow is supposed to be "Light Blue Purple" and not the "Blue Black" that I used. I misread the chart in a big way and am bummed about what to do...change it or leave it. Changing it would mean frogging several areas from sections 2 and 3. Leaving it would mean the coloring would be off throughout the remainder of the design. I tried going over the darker color, but that didn't work too well.

Siobhan said...

Great progress on your WIPs, Julie!