Monday, May 2, 2011

Stitchy update…

Well, I spent the last couple of evenings in April working on Wilson’s Birthplace. I am almost finished with the house and then I can finish the rest of the stuff on it. Here’s where I left it as of 30 April:

P5015308The most difficult part about this piece is the white and the light grey portions. I found that I had mixed them up somehow the other night and had to let Monsieur Frog visit a little bit. Oh well, that’s what happens when two colors are sooo very close in shade and the lighting is less than perfect for the moment. I am just thankful only a handful of stitches had to come out and not an entire section. LOL

Last night and this evening, I plan to work on Lincoln’s some more. His birthplace almost has a roof! Woo Woo!! I will be glad to have that part done because stitching the same 2 colors over and over is getting mundane.

Dad’s first round of chemo started shortly before 6pm this evening. He will be in the hospital until Wednesday, and then we repeat in 2 weeks.

Until next time…


Alisa said...

Your WIP is looking great! Bummer that the frogs were out, but I've inverted colours before as well...sooooo annoying! :)

Siobhan said...

Beautiful stitching!

I'm thinking good thoughts for your dad. Take care of yourself, too!